Welcome to United Way of Onslow County’s Lip Sync Battle – Applause for a Cause! We are excited for this fundraising event that will bring various industry leaders together for a night of fun and fundraising. The third battle of the year will take place:
Friday, September 23, 2022
LimeLight, 145 Blue Creek School Rd
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Doors will open at 6pm with competition starting at 7pm. There will be four contestants for the night of entertainment.
Applause for the Cause rules:
- There is no actual singing allowed in the LipSync Battle.
- Contestants can dress up, bring props, and solicit help from family and friends as back-up singers, props etc.
- Contestants must perform two songs with a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 4 minutes.
- In case of a tie, the contestants will perform a head to head battle with the song “Respect” by Aretha Franklin.
- All songs and performances must be in good taste. No burlesque or obscene gestures.
The fundraising will be done in a multitude of facets:
- The winner of the “People’s Choice” Award will be determined by “votes” from the audience at the event or website through monetary donations. Each contestant will have a link through the United Way website for family and friends to contribute a vote. Each dollar contributed will equate to one vote. The most money raised will receive the “People’s Choice” Award.
- The “Syncey” Award will be presented to the best performer which is determined by three judges.
- Ticket sales will also contribute to the fundraising. Tables seating four will sell at a cost of $150.
- A silent Auction will also be on site.
MEET THE PERFORMERS
Brian is the owner of LaPointe’s Automotive in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Brian is a native of El Paso, Texas and retired from the USMC after 23 years of service in 2018.
Brian is married to Tabaitha LaPointe celebrating 22 years of marriage. They have four children Hugh, Brandon, Lauren and Lizzy and four grandchildren Aurora, Emma, Leo and Kimber.
Brian is an avid car collector, his most prized collectables are his 68 Firebird, 67 Camaro and 68 RoadRunner. You will often see him attending local car shows with a convoy of vehicles!
Born and raised in Randolph County, NC, a country girl at heart. She has lived in Onslow County for 34 years. She is married with three adult sons and three grandchildren. Tondrea is an LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker since 2011. She has worked for over 16 years in Child Welfare with the Department of Social Services. She has been the Executive Director of PEERS Family Development Center since 2017. Tondrea has been a parent educator for PEERS since 2005. She is an adjunct professor at UNC-W School of Social Work. Tondrea serves on several local boards including TASCO (Turning Adversity into Success for Children of Onslow), Prevent Child Abuse of NC CPAP (Community Prevention Action Plan) Leadership Team, CCPT/CCFT (Community Child Protection Team/Community Fatality Program Team), MDT (Multidisciplinary Team as a backup Parent Educator); CHAT (Community Health Advisory Team),Health Equity, JCPC (Juvenile Crime Prevention Council), Kiwanis of Onslow, LICC (Local Interagency Coordinating Council, and Onslow County Head Start Policy Council at Thompson.
In her spare time, ha-ha. Tondrea enjoys swimming during the summer months and binge-watching television. Tondrea likes to volunteer to help with local community events and other non-profits when she can. She loves to work on Fundraising events for PEERS.
Cowanda Bazile is the franchise owner of Express Employment Professionals staffing agency in Jacksonville, North Carolina since 2017 and recently opened a satellite office in New Bern, North Carolina. Cowanda serves the community by helping as many people as possible find good jobs. She sits on the Board of Directors for Jacksonville Onslow Economic Development and is a member of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce Diversity Committee.
Cowanda is a native of Simmesport, Louisiana and retired from active duty on 30 June 2015 at Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. Cowanda is married to Randy Bazile Jr of 25 years, and they have two beautiful and talented daughters, Brianna and Kameron.
My name is John Kay and I am currently 27 years old.I work at my family’s 3rd generation auto body shop, Excel Body Works in Jacksonville along with my parents, sister, and brother. I devote my time currently on the boards for Jacksonville Jaycees and North Carolina Jaycees, serve on the board of trustee for the Boys and Girls Home of Lake Waccamaw, Council Chairman for Infant of Prague Parish. Over the past couple of years, I have been named the 2016 Administrator of the year for the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, named 2018 Jacksonville Jaycee of the year, and competed in the 2019 Dancing Stars of Onslow County for the Women’s Center. I was also recognized as an All Star for the North Carolina Jaycees for the 2019 year.