Total Served in Onslow County: 19,805
From July 2014- June 2015
United Way works to ensure that critical health and human services are available to people in our community through Community Investment Grants to local Partner agencies. Below shows exactly what this kind of partnership has done for Onslow County residents in the past year.
- 2,124 children participated in high-quality youth enrichment programs to develop character and learn life skills
- 1,358 children were engaged in afterschool and summer programs in a safe, positive environment rather than going home alone
- 240 children who were sexually and/or physically assaulted received state-of-the-art evaluation and supportive care, so they never have to relive their trauma
- 137,882 Meals were provided to the economically disadvantaged, elderly, and /or homeless individuals and families, including children who would otherwise go hungry
- 529 clients received assistance for hospice care, in addition to grief support as a loved one passed.
- 8,789 people were connected with meaningful opportunities for service through Volunteer Onslow