Now, help is never a phone call away! Nonprofits like United Way and various government agencies provide excellent programs to support people in need. The problem: The people who need these programs often don’t know they exist.
United Way’s 2-1-1 is a community service information line that links people to health and human services in our community. People can call 2-1-1 to find out where to get help or give help, and it’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2-1-1 is free and easy to use, the service is confidential and professional; calls are answered by trained referral specialists. Anyone can call 2-1-1, regardless of the language they speak.
2-1-1’s community resource database includes hundreds of local programs, and it’s also searchable online at www.nc211.org. Services include housing, food, medicine, transportation, support groups, money management, legal assistance, counseling, health care, recreation, child care referral, volunteer opportunities, and much more. For those calling from outside the area can call toll-free (888) 892-1162
Are You Connected?
The 2-1-1 Database is established for the purpose of providing current and comprehensive information on health and human services available to the residents of Onslow County by phone or by the web and is updated not less than annually to address the changing needs of all groups in the community. The database includes information on a wide spectrum of services and target populations, which all share the purpose of providing opportunities for assistance, growth, support, rehabilitation, or enrichment for citizens in meeting human needs
However, in order to provide up to date information to local citizens, we need your help to ensure that your programs and services are up to date. Click on the forms below to submit your organization’s information:
Types of Organizations Included
- Government offices/programs providing health and human services.
- Agencies with 501 (c) (3) status.
- Agencies that provide health and human services to Onslow County citizens.
- Religious organizations offering health and human services to the greater community and not confined to their own membership or affiliates.
- Special service components of clubs, schools, or special interest groups providing health and human services.
- Support and self-help groups.
- Organizations outside of our geographic parameters, which provide a service for Onslow County residents that are not available locally.
- 800 lines, if accessible to Onslow County residents and that offer health and human service information or assistance
For profit organizations:
- Must provide a service not available in the non-profit sector or for needs that cannot be met in the non-profit sector
- Must be willing to accept Medicare and Medicaid where applicable
- Must provide services that include fees based upon ability to pay or must be able/willing to provide service on a payment arrangement basis
Specialized Information & Referral Services:
Specialized I&R will be listed to assure that callers get the highest quality of information available for their need
There is no fee to be included or to use the 211 Database